Many of the marketers have worked hard in the year 2011 to develop an appropriate customized ROI measurement for social media. Most marketers are now starting to understand the most effective digital communication plan that seamlessly integrated content across paid, earned, and owned media channels. Paid media includes display ads, sponsorships, and paid search. Earned media is largely a social in nature, while owned media is represented by content such as the brand website and native apps.
As it continues to build out more complex digital ecosystems, it needs to understand how all the elements and the individual unison are contributing to the overall success can be a cost of entry for effective optimizing.
Encourage marketers to recognize the need to create a campaign with a content that is tailored for each of these unique channels. Create a campaign that has a concept of diverse channels for paid, earned, and owned media.
Measuring vast quantities of discrete elements will typically measures the existing silo and can’t be compared to other parts of ecosystem. Like, many social media measures are concerned with the number of likes, and the amount of user that generated the content. It also concerned with click-through and keyword attribution while measuring the brand site that focuses on e-commerce, bounce rates, or engagements scores. So, even if focused in solely social performance measure the channel alone does not tell the whole story.
In order to isolate social performance, it is necessary to include the influence other media to measure earned metrics. It is provided by the individual channel platform like Facebook or Twitter account. It can quickly become a custom or reports, dashboards and owner pathways that will require labor and additional cost to gain a clear and solid picture.
Here are the steps that will help to process to create a holistic, cross-channels score for the ecosystem.
- Need to know the definition of success.
- Improved customer retention, the causes of demand generation, need to understand the importance of loyalty, message calibration and the office sales.
- Be specific on the paid, earned, and owned metrics to know a single data repository.
- Develop a statistical framework that will distills the multiple channel metrics into a single measurement scores for paid, earned, and owned metrics.
- Rotate interrelated data streams within the ecosystem channels that utilize the reduction techniques to determine the data that cross the ecosystem on consumer connections.
- Choose a technology platform
- Develop a platform that will facilitate in a frequent data extraction from channel sources, should interfaces easily the known earned analytics, and be transparent on the database system that has an easy access for analysis and modeling.
- Dig into the new ecosystem’s connection scores in to the point that are working for the consumers and where the growth opportunity lies.