Beginner’s Guide to Online Ad Types and Format
Online advertising have become a daily part of internet life. It could be confusing in getting grasp on the scope and variety of online ads available especially for the new marketers. Here are some lists that were complied to help categorize and explain each form of online ads on the web.
- Google Search Ads
- Google Ads are more often appears alongside of the search engine result page when the user searches a keyword query in Google. These ads usually are PPC or pay-per-click ads in which they will pay for each click.
- Bing Ads
- This is similar to Google ads that the advertisers pay in each click of the ads but they can manage their ads using the Bing Ads service which was formerly known as Microsoft adCenter.
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Ads are consists in many different forms, and each are offering unique pros and cons for advertisers looking to market on Facebook. They even have a promoted post in which Facebook ads let advertisers pay a flat rates to promote a single post on their respective Facebook page. Sponsor stories on the other hand show users interaction with an advertisers page of product to the user’s friends and larger network.
- Twitter Ads
- This ad refer to the paid boosts that brands on twitter that can be used to extend the reach of their tweets, promote a chosen hashtag, or gain more followers. Promoted tweets let the advertisers’ tweets reach more people home feed and set an offer of a healthy batch of targeting options. It also includes promoted accounts by letting advertisers to show ups more often in twitter’s “Who to Follow” recommendation feature.
- Flash Ads
- Flash ads are also known as banner ads that can use flash design and more often featured as an interactive element to entice users. While the flash is still used to subtly certain in displaying the ads, the playful and interactive, and somewhat hokey flash ads that were also commonly known as the millennial years that are now no longer considered a popular form of a banner ads.
- Mobile Ads
- These ads are ads that appear in smartphones, tablets, and any other mobile devices. There were many social media platform websites ad apps offer their unique mobile ad options.
- Video Ads
- Video Ads are popular in a better internet speed performance and online advancements that makes it fast and easy to watch videos on the web. The most successful video ads avoid blatant advertising, opting instead for educational, hot-to video context that naturally appears to users with some product suggestions discreetly integrated.