The modern tool for marketers is social media that tries every mean to get messages out to their target markets. In average business owner, they don’t fully understand the risks and still new that it is difficult to evaluate the qualification of the experts in social media who offer their services.
In over the past few months that have been discussing the value of social media marketing and how to utilize webcasts to boost business. Social media marketing is a fantastic tool in any marketer’s tool. However, many authors do not want to talk about the pitfalls associated with it. Here are the lists of something to be aware of:
- If a company decided to start a blog, twitter feed, or Facebook page, then assigned someone to maintain it. It tells the potential customers that are busy to maintain the blog that probably too busy to provide with customer support. Social media is like a living breathing beast.
- Bad branding
- The wrong online branding strategy can cause the company doomed, and put a huge viral social disadvantage.
- Content should be relevant
- Blogs and Twitter feed that tends to take the persona of the authors is really a bad thing! A bad, bad thing! It is not an individual feed or blogs that need to be post but it is belongs to the company and there is someone who is assigned as the rep to posts. Many marketers tend to forget and think that blogs or feed, this will end in a bad way. Corporate blogs and feeds should be agnostic. So, it is needed to be interesting and represent the company but it should be designed that the authors can be swapped out with limited drop in following. Some companies have a plan that should ever leave the logical advances learning about the conference that might be an impact.
- In social media marketing, it is a very time consuming. It needs to assign an individual to constantly feed the pages and profile with a relevant content. It also needs to monitor comments and respond to questions. It is important to commit with the time especially the small businesses because they tend not to choose to engage in any social media to boost the marketing efforts. Updating social accounts takes time and effort. The cost in time also means that it is completely free.