Using social media for marketing can enable small business looking to further their reach to more customers. A customers are interacting with brands through social media, therefore, having a strong social media marketing plan and presence on the web is the key to tap into their interest. If implemented correctly, marketing with social media can bring remarkable success to business.
Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses: Learn Social Media Marketing 101
This guide gives a basic overview on how to use social media for marketing, serving as a social media marketing for dummies manual.
Social Media and Marketing: Start With a Plan
Before it begin creating social media marketing campaigns, consider business’ goals. Starting a social media marketing campaign without a social strategy in mind is like wandering through a forest without a map—it’ll only end up lost.
Social Media for Marketing: Developing Your Goals
Social media marketing can help with a number of goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences
Best Social Media Marketing Tips: Learn Marketing with Social Media
Here are some social media marketing tips to keep you on the right track across all your social media campaigns.
- Planning– As discussed previously, building a social media marketing plan is essential. Consider keyword research and brainstorm content ideas that will interest target audience.
- Content is King— Consistent with other areas of online marketing, content reigns king when it comes to social media marketing. Make sure it is offering valuable information that ideal customers will find interesting. Create a variety of content by implementing social media images, videos, and infographics in addition to classic text-based content.
- Consistent Brand Image— using social media for marketing enables business to project brand image across a variety of different social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, business’ core identity should stay consistent.
- Blog— Blogging is a great social media marketing tool that lets share a wide array of information and content with readers. Company’s blog can also serve as social media marketing blog, in which blog about recent social media efforts, contests, and events.
- Links— while using social media for marketing relies primarily on business sharing its own unique, original content to gain followers, fans, and devotees, it’s also great to link to outside articles as well. If other sources provide great, valuable information to think, target audience will enjoy, don’t be shy about linking to them. Linking to outside sources improves trust and reliability, and it may even get some links in return.
- Track Competitors— it’s always important to keep an eye on competitors—they can provide valuable data for keyword research, where to get industry-related links, and other social media marketing insight. If competitors are using a certain social media marketing technique that seems to be working for them, do the same thing, but do it better!
- Measure Success with Analytics— it can’t determine the success of social media marketing strategies without tracking data. Google Analytics can be used as a great social media marketing tool that will help measure triumphant social media marketing techniques, as well as determine which strategies are better off abandoned. Attach tracking tags to social media marketing campaigns so that it can properly monitor them.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing: Know Your Platform
We’ve put together a brief overview on how to use social media for marketing according to each platform’s unique environment. Various social media marketing sites will require different techniques, so develop a unique strategy tailored for each platform.