Five easy SEO tips to boost your site
If you have created an awesome website, then congrats! And now, the only problem is how to bring people to it. To be able to have a website that come up a high search engines like Google and Bing, you just need to understand a bit about the world of Search Engine Optimization or SEO.
With so many websites on the web today, there would be no way to guarantee that the site will rank first on Google. However, there are still plenty of simple things that can help to do in increasing the site’s chances of ranking real well.
Here are 5 easy ways to help you boost your website:
- Choose the right URL
- Before the website goes live, you need to select a URL, which also known as the domain name and the address that the visitors need to type in order to find the site. The ideal domain will be included in the business name and maybe a keyword or two that are relevant to the business.
- Creating titles and descriptions for each page
- Did you know that you can have a unique title and description for each page on your website? These are a brief texts that are accurate and clear to describe what the business is all about, ideally a few keywords and phrases should mixed in. The description is not visible and it is very important for the search engines. In fact, the title and description are among the first thing that Google uses to determine the site’s rank. Plus, once the site shows up in a search result page, web surfers will read the title and description to learn what the site’s about and decide if to check it out or not.
- Utilize anchor text
- As you write the text for the website also consider where you can use anchor text within the site. Anchor text means it is a simple text that visitors can click on to be taken directly to another web page, and it is either on your site or anywhere on the internet. An effective anchor text should be used to help users navigate the website and find what they are looking for. And, it should include keywords and phrases related to what you do. Anchor text is a great way to boost your SEO, but keep in mind that excessive linking or anchors that don’t really help the readers can raise red flags with Google.
- Add alt text to the images
- Search engines are great at reading text on the website, but still haven’t quite figured out how to look at the images or the site. When writing the alt text, make sure that it is accurately describe what is shown in the image and also try to include the name of the business as a few keywords related to what you do. But it doesn’t need to write alt text for images that are purely functional or design related. So, if the image doesn’t have anything to do with the topic of the site, skip the alt text.
- Connect the site to social channels
- Being active on any social media site, from Twitter and Instagram to Facebook and Google+ is an essential part of boosting the SEO. So when creating the website, make sure to include prominent icons for each of the social networks, linking directly to the profile on each site. Sites that generate lot of social activity will come up more frequently in searches.
After trying these ways, it feels like it boosts a confidence and want to take the knowledge to the next level.