Being a marketer is used to be simpler, before. It had a TV channels, some radio stations, and a handful top magazines and newspaper in each market. Reaching consumer was easy and be able to craft a compelling message that could move the product. But now, marketing is never easy and without the help of technology it will make it a whole lot tougher. The used of identifying the needs and communicating benefits requires to build immersive experiences that will engage consumers which means it have a seamlessly integrate a whole new range skills and capabilities. Here are some principles that will be a great help:
- CLARIFYING BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
- There are so much going on in the market today, and everybody is struggling to keep up. And at the same time, every marketing professional are feeling pressured to be progressive and more actively integrate emerging media into their marketing program. The mark of a good marketing strategy is not of how many gadgets and neologisms are crammed up into it, but on how effectively it achieves the goals worth it. But, there are tendencies that marketers try to create a “one size fits all” approach in a portfolio of brands or they want to create a complicated model to formulate marketing subjects. Some brands are not widely known, but having trouble converting awareness to sales and still others need to encourage consumer advocacy.
- IDENTIFY, EVALUATE AND ACTIVATE EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES
- In marketing, executives are busy people. So, they need to actively monitor the marketplace, identify business opportunities, collaborate with the products and run a promotional campaign. Expect them to keep up with the vast array of emerging the technology and the tactics, most especially since it won’t pan out anyway. It is essentials to have a team that is dedicated to identifying the emerging opportunities, meeting with the start-ups and running test-and-learn programs to evaluate their true potentials. One an emerging opportunity performed successfully in a pilot program, it could be scaled up and become integrated into the normal strategic process and be a viable tactic to achieve an awareness, sales or advocacy objective.
- BUILD OPEN ASSETS
- The focus of marketing is to promote and create a compelling advertising campaign that would get the consumer’s attention and drive awareness. Once the potential customers were aware of the product, direct sales and retail promotions then it could be a close deal. An effective promotions campaign is likely to lead to a sale and likely to result in an Internet search, where the customer’s behavior can be tracked and then can retarget by the competitors. A successful brands are becoming the platforms and need to do more than just to drive a consumer to purchase, it need to inspire them to participate.